Biotech Entrepreneurship Training Program provides an in-depth introduction to entrepreneurship with a focus on biotechnology/medtech for Masters students and postdocs of biotechnology and related fields (life sciences or health technology). The course will be given in English.
If you are participating in the course, you will get access to a lot of additional material helping you to develop your business idea and to create a convincing presentation.
All lectures will be recorded and provided as Youtube videos. Moreover, all pitch presentation will be recorded and provided to the teams for self-evaluation (e.g. presentation style, body language, etc.).
You will learn:
- How to set up a business model using Alexander Osterwalder´s business model canvas
- The concept of the investor readiness level as applied to different healthtech/biotech segments (e.g., therapeutics, diagnostics, digital health)
- Different sources of capital (debt versus equity) and funding (Angels, VCs, crowd-funding platforms) for startups
- How a Venture Capitalist works
- Different types of intellectual property and their relevance for biotech/medtech
- How to structure and design a pitch presentation
- How to present a business idea in front of a critical audience
- How to organize yourself as team by using online collaboration tools
The course follows the schedule detailed below:
Meet and learn from experienced entrepreneurs and business experts
The compact course is accompanied by the Biotech Entrepreneurship and Leadership Lectures where startups, experienced entrepreneurs and experts in field of biotech, medtech and digital health share their lessons learned: www.biotech-entrepreneurship.com/bell. While not mandatory, attendance of the leadership lectures is highly recommended to gain an even deeper understanding of the course topics and to make valuable connections with founders and experts.