Biotech Entrepreneurship Training Program provides an in-depth introduction to entrepreneurship with a focus on biotechnology/medtech for Masters students and postdocs of biotechnology and related fields (life sciences or health technology). The course will be given in English.
If you are participating in the course, you will get access to a lot of additional material helping you to develop your business idea and to create a convincing presentation.
All lectures will be recorded and provided as Youtube videos. Moreover, all pitch presentation will be recorded and provided to the teams for self-evaluation (e.g. presentation style, body language, etc.).
You will learn:
- How to set up a business model using Alexander Osterwalder´s business model canvas
- The concept of the investor readiness level as applied to different healthtech/biotech segments (e.g., therapeutics, diagnostics, digital health)
- Different sources of capital (debt versus equity) and funding (Angels, VCs, crowd-funding platforms) for startups
- How a Venture Capitalist works
- Different types of intellectual property and their relevance for biotech/medtech
- How to structure and design a pitch presentation
- How to present a business idea in front of a critical audience
- How to organize yourself as team by using online collaboration tools
The course follows the schedule detailed below:
BETP goes „Translational Medical Research“
We are very excited to expand our BETP seminar to the master program „Translational Medical Research“ at the Medical Faculty Mannheim of Heidelberg University. The course will take place from 10 January until Mid-February.
For the master program „Molecular Biotechnology“, we will continue in April 2018. As always, this course will be open for other research organisations, e.g. DKFZ, EMBL, BioMed X and many more.