Biotech Entrepreneurship and Leadership Lectures is a bi-weekly interactive lecture series of Heidelberg University in cooperation with EIT Health Germany, where successful biotech entrepreneurs and business leaders share their experiences and lessons learned with students and early-career scientists. Specific entrepreneurship and leadership topics that will be addressed in detail include innovation & intellectual property, development of medicinal products & medical devices, regulatory affairs, business administration, human resources management, marketing & sales, public funding, and venture capital.
For details on our speakers and their companies, please check also our blog: www.biotech-entrepreneurship.com/biotech-entrepreneurship-blog
A registration for the lectures is not required.
- 26 April: Andreas Schmidt, Founder Ayoxxa Biosystems, Cologne
- 10 May: Colin Bennett, Presentations trainer, Frankfurt
- 24 May: Nadine Sobotzki, Analyst Merck Ventures, Amsterdam
- 7 June: Daniel Schaft, Patent Attorney Ullrich & Naumann, Heidelberg
- 21 June: Parth Chakrabarti, Sr. Director, New Ventures & Transactions, JOHNSON & JOHNSON INNOVATION
Every second Wednesday during the lecture period.
Im Neuenheimer Feld 130.1
Previous guest speakers
- October 24: Matthias Baumhauer, Mint medical, Heidelberg: The DKFZ-spinoff Mint Medical: lessons learned
- November 07: Patrick Pfeffer, Aescuvest - Crowdfunding your startup, Frankfurt
- November 21: Wei Wang und Team, GeneWerk, Heidelberg
- December 05: Tim Kaufmann, enmodes, Aachen
- December 19: Felix Nickel, iSurgeon, Heidelberg + Christmas Special
- January 09: Benjamin Zierock, abcmedien, Heidelberg: Developing mobile and digital applications for health care providers
- January 23: Andreas Wüpper, Fresenius Medical Care Ventures GmbH, Bad Homburg
- April 25: Andreas Pfuhl and Christoph Antz, Luxendo, "Luxendo - From Business Case to Market Strategy"
- May 9: Andreas Schmidt, Ayoxxa Biosystems, "AYOXXABiosystems: Unlocking Proteomics - an international Startup Story"
- May 23: Georg Kähler, University Hospital Mannheim, “Technology transfer from surgery to endoscopy: successful, unsuccessful, and future concepts”
- June 6: Ewout Vansteenkiste, University Gent and MOLECUBES LLC, "How we got MOLECUBES financed: dreams don't work unless you do"
- June 20: Reiner Schlipfenbacher, Roche Diagnostics, "Can R&D in big DIA industry be innovative? - Yes, it can!"
- July 4: Andreas Kessell, Antibodies Online, "Online Marketing as driver of your success: How to make your invention known to the world?"
- October 12: Christian Piepenbrock, Serial Entrepreneur, Berlin + followed by the BELL Kickoff Party
- October 26: Markus Wilhelms, usMIMA, Barcelona, "usMIMA - the experience of starting up in Barcelona"
- November 09: Hong Cheng, Sanofi
- November 23: Christian Tidona, BioMed X + BioRN Network, "How to build a start-up"
- January 11: Christoph Zrenner, MedTech Accelerator Tübingen, "100 Days of MedTech Innovation in Tübingen - Why and How"
- January 25: Adrian Carter, Boehringer Ingelheim
- January 27: Colin Bennet, "How can you engage your audience in a talk?"
- April 20: Dr. Christian Tidona, BioMed X Innovation Center / BioRN Network, “How to start a Biotech Company”
- May 04: Georg Matheis, Novalung GmbH, "Serial Medtech Entrepreneurs in Germany – How to Grow a Rare Species" >> Location: Im Neuenheimer Feld 329, Seminar Room 26
- May 18: Friedrich Richter, AbbVie, "Leadership in Big Pharma" >> Location: Im Neuenheimer Feld 329, Seminar Room 26
- June 01: Roel Bulthuis, Merck Serono Ventures, "What VCs expect from a pitch presentation">
- June 15: Stefan Duhr, Nanotemper GmbH (Winner of the German Founder Price 2014), "MicroScale Thermophoresis & Drug Discovery - A Love Story"
- June 29: Matthias Klaften, amcure GmbH (KIT spin-off), "The amcure story – building a startup in close collaboration between science and tech transfer"
- NEW October 12: Patrick Most, uniQure Germany/InoCard (spin-off of the University Hospital Heidelberg), "InoCard GmbH - an exercise towards the translation of a novel heart failure treatment"
- October 13: Dr. Christian Tidona, BioMed X Innovation Center / BioRN Network “How to start a Biotech Company”
- October 27: Ralf Eckert, Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, “Global Business Development”
- November 10: Marius Rosenberg, Medical Adhesive Revolution (MAR) GmbH, Winner of the 2014 RICE Business Plan Competition “Student Entrepreneurship ”
- November 24: Colin Bennett, Flames a Mile High, „Presentations training“
- December 08: Vikas Shah, Swiscot Group (Managing Director), Thought Strategy (Founder), Thought Economics (Founder), 53 Degrees North Films (CEO), Manchester, UK: “My entrepreneurial journey”
- January 12: Andrea Pfundmeier, Boxcryptor / Secomba GmbH: "Recognizing a Business Opportunity"
- January 26: Dr. Thomas Höger, Apogenix GmbH: “Finance”
- April 14 - Andrea Pfundmeier, Boxcryptor / Secomba: "Student Entrepreneurship"
- April 28 – Dr. Peter Johann, NGN Capital: „Venture Capital“
- May 12 – Dr. Jürgen Bauer, EMBLEM Technology Transfer: „IP / Tech Transfer“
- May 26: Alexander Würfel, AbbVie Deutschland: „Leadership in Big Pharma“
- June 16: Dr. Ingmar Hoerr, Curevac: „Financing“
- June 30: Dr. Gitte Neubauer, Cellzome: „Exit Big Pharma“
- July 14: Dr. Volker Stadler, PEPperPRINT: „Frugal Business“
- November 13, 2013: Gitte Neubauer: Exit Big Pharma
- November 27, 2013: Thomas Höger: Finance
- December 11, 2013: Jürgen Bauer: IP and Technology Transfer
- January 08, 2014: Ralf Eckert: Global Business Development
- January 22, 2014: Ashok Rao: Entrepreneurship
- February 05, 2014: Claus Kremoser: Deal Big Pharma